In this article
Organizations are always seeking answers to central management and organization of their content to facilitate their employees with a one-window solution.
With our native-like integration of VIDIZMO for SharePoint app, you can enjoy a seamless navigation experience of VIDIZMO application optimized for all end-user functions such as media playback, sharing, download, and collaboration.
VIDIZMO allows SharePoint users to use VIDIZMO Portal from within their SharePoint site. This enables them to stream video content from within their site. VIDIZMO for SharePoint application has been optimized for an end-user experience as a Viewer in portal, where as the contributive and administrative roles still ought to use VIDIZMO application to carry out certain managerial actions.
SharePoint Domain Registration
The foremost step to integration is domain registration: this entails that you have to enlist your sharepoint application's URL as a trusted domain in VIDIZMO application. This will build a trusted two-way communication channel between the two applications, via which they may exchange data.
Learn more about how to register SharePoint domain here: Authorize SharePoint Domain.
Automated User Registration
Now, let's understand how will your SharePoint users be registered in VIDIZMO:
- Using our automated workflow, whenever a SharePoint user would access VIDIZMO application within SharePoint, their profile's basic information will be used to register them within VIDIZMO portal as well. This information includes their First name and Last name, email address, and SharePoint Groups that they have been associated with.
- This means that upon login, SharePoint users are added to VIDIZMO Portal as a Viewer role to allow them a seamless user experience of the application. This is also applicable for users that exist in VIDIZMO account, but are not part of the portal integrated with SharePoint.
- If a user already exists in VIDIZMO portal before they log in from SharePoint application, their profile will be updated as per SharePoint application. Federated users are always given priority against portal users.
Note: If the User Generated Content has been allowed in a portal, then all new users shall be added as Contributor.
We realize how crucial are your groups within SharePoint in implementing content segregation and control policies, which is why the flow for groups synchronization from SharePoint to VIDIZMO is as follows:
- As soon as a SharePoint user is added into VIDIZMO portal (upon login), we synchronize the groups (that those users were part of) and automatically create them in VIDIZMO portal as well.
- This means that there are chances for a synchronized group to not have more than 1 or 2 users in your VIDIZMO portal at an instance, but it is not possible to have a federated group with no users at any point in time.
- However, once you are logged into your system and are enjoying the application's smooth browsing experience, we will synchronize your groups only after you end your current session. This means that only after you close all tabs within the browser where you were using SharePoint, and then come back again to use the app, we will synchronize
Streamlined User Experience
Here comes the most interesting part where we explain aspects related to the user experience of VIDIZMO for SharePoint app:
- If app is not configured against the portal, upon navigation, you will be redirected to the configuration page where you can bind it against the portal. Learn more about it here: Configure VIDIZMO App.
- If app is configured against the portal, you will be able to see a thematic resemblance of your VIDIZMO portal with your current SharePoint theme. This is accredited to our advanced branding capabilities that enable you to inherit your SharePoint application's theme.
- In case of a restricted portal, you will not be allowed to view content.
- In case of a deleted portal, you will be notified that the portal is no longer available.
Accounts and Portals
Here is a highlight of what will be different when you bind an Account with a SharePoint site, and when you bind a Portal:
- Every portal in SharePoint app will have its own Homepage with content pertaining to that respective portal.
- If the app is configured against the Account in a portal, you can view All Portalspage and you will have the ability to join other child portals. If you are using an Account, you can also switch between portals given two conditions:
- you are a registered member in the portal, or portal's visibility has been set to anonymous.
- SharePoint app is already configured and enabled against that portal.
- In the context of using an account, you can view content of the main account as well as all sub-portals (based on the security policy of the portal as well as the media), where as you can only access content that belongs to that particular portal otherwise.
We are very determined to continually improve your SharePoint app experience, which is why we push updates to the app as soon as we have more features for you. Here is how you can fetch latest updates of the app one fine morning:
- Go to your site contents.
- Against your installed VIDIZMO app, open the overflow menu and select Details.
- On the Details page, you will be notified that there is a new version of the app available. Click on Get It.
- Sit back and relax for a few minutes until installation completes, after which you can enjoy your new updates!
Note: This process will be followed by an update to app catalog by either VIDIZMO IT Support Team or your organization's internal IT Support.
A detailed guide to help you integrate your VIDIZMO portal with your SharePoint site is here: How to Install and Configure VIDIZMO App for SharePoint.
To learn more about SharePoint to be anonymously accessible, see: How to enable anonymous access for SharePoint site.
Here are a few ways you can troubleshoot VIDIZMO app for SharePoint:
- You may have forgotten to activate your SharePoint app after configuration. Learn how to do it here.