TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Read Next
Digital Evidence and Cases are the building blocks of any Digital Evidence Management System. The delicacy and sensitivity around the access of it are of utmost importance. VIDIZMO implements the integral access management strategy with multiple permissions and settings including providing the capability to inquire the end-users to Log Reason for Access of any Evidence or Case. This way, a smooth monitoring process can be taken place within an organization where the Law enforcing agencies are aware and keeping a detailed record of which officer accessed what Evidence or Case and for what purpose.
VIDIZMO encompasses the need of keeping track of which officer accessed what Evidence or Case and why by the Reason Provisioning policy. By enforcing this policy, no officer or user will be able to view or download an evidence/case until and unless a reason is provided to perform these actions. For the events that are selected by the organization, the end-users will be getting an obstructive pop-up which will restrict them to provide reason for why did they want to perform certain actions.
To configure the Reason Provisioning Policy on your Account, contact our Support.
Moreover, the modal which is displayed to the end-user is configurable. The design, intervals and events for the access reason can be chosen according to an Organization's utilization.
1. The configurable components include:
- The title: This gives a title to the prompt.
- The message: This provides the end-user a little more detail for the prompt.
- A dropdown list of Reasons of Access.
- An explanation field to give additional details of access.
- The text to be shown for the button.
2. According to VIDIZMO's policy, the interval at which the prompt should be displayed can be set to one of the six following options:
- Unlimited times for each Evidence/Case.
- Once for each Evidence/Case per day.
- Once for each Evidence/Case per week.
- Once for each Evidence/Case per month.
- Once for each Evidence/Case per year.
- Only once.
3. The actions at which the User needs to provide reasons can also be chosen separately or all together:
- Evidence Downloaded: Whenever any authorized User downloads any Evidence, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of downloading the Evidence.
- Evidence Viewed: Whenever any authorized User views any Evidence from playback page, evidence info, Studio Space or while capturing thumbnail and performing clipping, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of viewing the evidence/case.
- Case Viewed: Whenever any authorized User views any Case, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of accessing the Case.
- Case Item Viewed: Whenever any authorized User views any Evidence which is part of a Case, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of viewing the Evidence within a Case.
- Channel Accessed: Whenever any User accesses a Portal, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of accessing a DEM Portal.
- User Logged In: Whenever any User logs in, a modal will pop-up to take the reason of logging into the DEM Portal.
Reason Logged in Audit Logs and Chain of Custody
Consideration and Limitation
1. The time interval 'Only once' is applicable based on the browser being used by the User and for Channel Accessed and User Logged In actions only. As a result, if the browser's cache is cleared or the Portal is accessed from a different browser by the same user, the reason for access will be asked again.
2. Another thing worthy to note is that if an Anonymous User is authorized to view the content, the interval settings applicable can be unlimited or till the closure of browser only. To learn more about VIDIZMO User Roles, click Understanding User Roles
3. Last but not the least. If the reason for access is chosen to be taken only when a case is viewed, then the logs for reason of access will be generated for the case itself and not for the evidences which are part of the case.