Table of Contents
Content Processing and Encoding are hardware resource-consuming processes. A dedicated machine for this purpose improves the performance of the application more efficiently as compared to the processes which are running on the same server where the application is deployed.
Content processing/encoding on different Machines is achieved by “Customized Installation” of the VIDIZMO application.
- Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition VM/Physical Server with a minimum of 16GB RAM, 4 Core CPU, 128 GB HDD with 150 Mbps Throughput.
- IIS 10 or greater.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6
- Microsoft Windows Management Framework 5.1
- Open Firewall Ports between application and database servers:
- 11211: This port used by Memcachedb and is required to be open for the Encoding server, to use memcache service.
- 80: This is the port number assigned to commonly used internet communication protocol, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). It is the port from which a computer sends and receives Web client-based communication and messages from a Web server and is used to send and receive HTML pages or data.
- 443: In the case of https, whereas the default port used for standard non-secured "HTTP" is port 80, Netscape chose 443 to be the default port used by secure HTTP
- 1433: This is the default port for SQL Server. This port is also the official Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) socket number for SQL Server. Client systems use TCP 1433 to connect to the database engine; SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) uses the port to manage SQL Server instances across the network.
- All machines should be on the same Local or Virtual Network.
- Administrative access to the VM/server on which VIDIZMO Workflow Service and VIDIZMO Scheduler Service will be installed (Encoding Server).
3. Installation of Encoding Server
Before installing VIDIZMO on the Encoding Server, make sure that all the prerequisites are installed and configured on both the Encoding Server and the Database Server and that both servers are accessible to each other over the network.
Now, you need to import the database registry in the Application Server in order to connect the application to the database server. This is how you may proceed with it:
1. Our Support team will provide you two registry files, namely newapi and newapi-64 tailored to your specific OS needs.
i. Paste these registries on your Application Server desktop.
The connection strings required in the registries are as follows:
1. "connection"="Data Source=<db server name>;Initial Catalog= VidizmoDB_6_0;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<user id>;Password=<pwd>" 2. "notificationconnection"= "Data Source=<db server name>;Initial Catalog= VidizmoNotificationSystem_6_0;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<user id>;Password=<pwd>" 3. "link"="<link to vlms site>"
2. Update the Connection Strings in the registry as follows:
i. Right-click and edit registry file in notepad.
ii. Make following changes in the both registry files, for 32-bit (newapi) as well as for 64-bit (newapi-64) OS:
- Replace all Data Source parameters with the SQL server’s DNS name or the private IP of the SQL server.
- Replace all User ID parameters with the username of SQL Sys Admin (sa).
- Replace all Password parameters with the password of the Sys Admin account.
iii. Now, go to your system's registry editor by navigating to Start Menu > regedit.
iv. Go to File tab, and select Import.
v. Browse to the location where the edited files have been saved and select both registries.
vi. A prompt would be generated saying keys successfully added.
vii. Check keys have been updated in the registry for both 32-bit and 64-bit, respectively.
You need to restore databases via SQL Server Management Studio to be used with VIDIZMO Application. To learn more about it, see: Restore a Database Backup Using SSMS.Follow the steps mentioned under Restore a full database backup to add a backup file, that our Support Team shall provide for restoration. The file names would be the following:
Extract Application Files
Our Support team will provide you zipped folders of Application files that you will have to download and extract in your Application Server:
i. Go to your C:\ drive location. Unzip and extract the folder named VIDIZMO.rar at the base location.
ii. Wait until the extraction takes place.
iii. Following which, you may go to your C:\ drive and navigate to VIDIZMO > Application to browse all application folders such as Global DLLs, Scripts, etc.
Following are the list of two services that VIDIZMO Encoder uses:
- Scheduler Service used to manage various clock-sensitive processes by refreshing the fetched results like analytics, reports, content purge.
- Workflow Service used to manage various time-consuming processes by breaking them down into activities and managing them separately for better track of progress.
1. Now, you need to install these services on your application server. Here is how you may do it:
i. Before you start, make sure you have the latest .NET Framework installed by navigating to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and checking the latest version.
ii. Open Start Menu and type cmd, right-click Command Prompt to Run as administrator.
iii. Type the following command to change directory to the service folder where the .exe file of your service is found, for example:
iv. After changing directory in the command prompt, write the following command to install service, where servicename is the name of the exe file that resides within the particular service folder:
v. This will be followed by a login prompt to verify that you have the required permissions to make these changes. Here, you are required to enter user account credentials that will be used to run background VIDIZMO services. It is recommended to create a new dedicated service user account, who must belong to Administrators group with administrative access on the local server. Enter username and password of this account here. You can either sign in using a domain user login, or a local user login.
vi. Service installed successfully over Command Prompt.
vii. Verify that VIDIZMO Caching Service was installed, by going to Start Menu > Services.
viii Repeat the above process for all four services with the following commands:
cd C:\VIDIZMO\Application\Win\SchedulerService C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\installutil VIDIZMOScheduler.exe
cd C:\VIDIZMO\Application\Win\WorkflowService C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\installutil VIDIZMOWorkflowEngine.exe
ix. After installing Scheduler Service, you need to change some additional settings. This would enable the Scheduler Service to restart, which in turn restarts all other services. To do so, right-click VIDIZMOScheduler service and select Properties.
x. Go to Recovery tab and set the following recovery settings:
xi. Check the installed services via Start Menu > Services.
The VIDIZMO Application runs on a separate Application Server than the Encoding Server, which uses "VIDIZMO Content Processing" Service to encode the content from the VIDIZMO application. The Encoding Server also needs to be activated and requires a valid license key otherwise new, uploaded content routed for encoding from the Application Server will not get processed. You can verify whether the content is being encoded or not by logging in to your VIDIZMO Channel and viewing the Workflow Queue for that process.
1. Get in touch with a Vidizmo Sales Representative for the License Key needed to activate the Encoding Server.
2. A License Key be will provided
Please add content that you need to update the IP of the Application server in the Cache as per the screenshot.
After that please
3. For the Application Server, restart the “memcache” service from Windows Services. Also restart the IIS using Command Prompt (Command: iisreset)