After you first set up Azure Media Services Storage Provider via Setup Wizard, you can re-configure certain parameters such as your Azure storage account or the media service associated with your storage using VIDIZMO portal.
In order to learn how to automate the setup of your content provider and encoding service provider via VIDIZMO portal, see: Understanding Setup Wizard.
Before you start
Administrators and Managers are allowed to view and edit settings of Azure Media Services (AMS) Storage Provider.
- Any mistakes while configuring storage provider can break the uploading/encoding process.
Azure Portal Configuration
Here, you need to manually set up your Azure storage account with media services so that you are able to update related configuration details in VIDIZMO portal.
2. Create a container to store your content in it. VIDIZMO’s naming convention for container is to give it a name according to your tenant ID such as et-5964, etc.. This is done for unique identification. Copy its name for later use in VIDIZMO portal.
3. Create a media services account and associate it with the storage account you created. Use this tutorial to access streaming endpoints for your media service account and copy the default streaming hostname for later use in VIDIZMO portal.
4. Next, you need to authenticate VIDIZMO Application to connect with your AMS Account. As mentioned in the article, copy your Azure AD Tenant Domain, REST API Endpoint, Media Services resource, Application ID and Client Secret for later use in VIDIZMO portal.
Note: Make sure the user is part of a single Active Directory Tenant. To learn more about Azure tenant, Single tenant and Multi-tenant, see: Terminologies in Azure AD.
VIDIZMO Portal Configuration
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select Storage Providers tab.
ii. Hover over your respective Storage Provider to see the edit icon appear under Action and click on it.
3. From the alert generated:
i. Click Continue to be routed to the edit page.
4. On the Edit Storage Provider screen, you will also be able to view current settings, which you can update. Following are the editable parameters for AMS Storage:
i. Provider Name displays the name of the Storage Provider configured on your portal.
ii. Enter Content Upload URL copied here as default endpoint for your blob storage account, which corresponds to the URL that defines where the content will be stored.
iii. Enter ProviderURL copied here as streaming endpoint hostname for your media service, which corresponds to the path URL where media will be cached and streamed from.
iv. Enter the Container Name for your blob storage copied here.
v. Enter the Storage Name copied here that refers to the name of your storage account in Azure portal.
vi. Enter Access Key for your Storage Account copied here.
vii. Enter the endpoint URL for your Media Service Resource created in your Azure Account copied here.
viii. Enter the Azure AD Tenant Domain copied here while authenticating VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
x. Enter or copy the Rest API End Point copied here while authenticating VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
xi. Enter Application ID copied here while authenticating VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
xii. Enter Client Secret copied here while authenticating VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
xiii. Choose whether you want to enable DRM on your Portal using Azure Media Services. If yes, you can choose whether you want Persistent License or not. To learn more about it, see: How to Enable DRM in Portal.
xiv. Check the Content Types which you want to use the storage with.
xv. Click Update button to save changes.