TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before you start
- Amazon Configuration
- VIDIZMO Configuration
- Read Next
If you are configuring Amazon Storage (S3 Standard or S3 Intelligent tier) for content storage along with their advanced encoding service i.e. Elemental MediaConvert, VIDIZMO provides an ease to its customers by automating the configuration process via VIDIZMO Setup Wizard.
Setup Wizard allows you to initially set up your Portal's Storage Provider and Transcoder for a seamless user experience throughout the application usage. It takes you through a series of easily configurable steps to help set up the system. There are various other storage and encoding providers that you may configure using Setup Wizard. To learn more about it, see: Understanding Setup Wizard
Here is how you can start with your AWS configuration:
Before you start
- You need to be an Administrator or Manager to configure your portal's content provider and encoding provider.
- Your previous content will remain intact and will be served from your pre-configured storage provider unless you choose to migrate data. In case of data migration, old content is copied (not moved) to the new content storage, and the copy of the content residing on older storage is purged based on the policy set in the portal.
Following are the steps to be performed in the AWS Console before you run the Setup Wizard:
Amazon Console considerations
1. VIDIZMO portal will require you to enter a set of keys while running Setup Wizard. The user whose credentials you use to configure your Amazon storage account and Amazon Elemental MediaConvert (Encoding Service) should have below required access permissions
- AmazonS3FullAccess: This permission will help communicate your VIDIZMO portal with your AWS storage for storing, retrieving, and updating content.
- CloudFrontFullAcess: Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery network (CDN) service that delivers data, videos, applications, to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds.
- Media-Convert: To run transcoding jobs with AWS Elemental MediaConvert, first set up an AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) role to allow MediaConvert access to your input files in the Amazon storage and the locations where your output files are stored. Click, to see: How set up your MediaConvert role in IAM
Note: One can follow this tutorial to assign mentioned above policies to an AWS IAM user.
Get Required Parameters
1. Use this tutorial to get the Access Key and Secret Key from your AWS account. These keys will be used in the VIDIZMO Portal Configuration section, so keep them in a safe place.
2. Media Role ARN: Get the Media Role ARN
ii. Navigate to Roles and search for MediaConvertRoleS3ReadWrite and click to open it.
iii. Now, copy the Role ARN and save it to secure place, it will be used in the VIDIZMO configuration section.
Following are the steps to be performed in VIDIZMO Portal to execute Setup Wizard:
1. From the Portal's Homepage
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand the Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select Setup Wizard.
ii. Click on Run Wizard Again.
Note: VIDIZMO provides a set of default configuration for your Storage and Transcoding Provider which can be overridden via Setup Wizard due to evolving business requirements. Furthermore, apart from the possible configurations, VIDIZMO also offers the flexibility of choosing any other Storage Providers or Transcoders that the organization may want to configure their application with.
3. From the Configuration tab:
i. Select AWS to configure it as your VIDIZMO Storage for your system, from a list of available options in the drop-down.
ii. Select AWS Standard Encoder to configure it as your Encoder for your system, from a list of available options in the drop-down.
iii. Click Next to proceed to the next tab.
Configuring Amazon Storage
1. From the Storage tab:
i. Select Global as Subscription Type. You may also select the Government or China as per your needs.
ii. Paste here the Access Key we got in step 1.
iii. Paste here the Secret Key we got in step 1.
iv. Enter the name that you want to set as Bucket Name for your storage in AWS.
Note: VIDIZMO gives you the functionality of using already created bucket here. Also the storage bucket name should be Globally Unique, if your bucket name is not unique then VIDIZMO will automatically add timestamp in the end of the bucket name to make it unique.
v. Select the storage class as per your requirements. VIDIZMO offers connectivity with two storage classes;
a. S3 Standard
vi. Select the location of your storage bucket in this field. In case you are using already created storage bucket here, then verify the storage bucket region from your Amazon account. To view already created S3 storage buckets and their properties, login to the AWS account and go to the link https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/
vii. Select the CDN Price Class that suits you. Click, to see: Choosing the Price Class for a CloudFront Distribution
viii. Click Next to navigate to the Transcoder section.
Configuring Amazon Encoder
1. From the Transcoder tab:
i. Media Role ARN: Insert here the Media Role ARN that we got in step 2.
ii. Uncheck Migrate Content. It is used to migrate data from one Storage Provider to another.
iii. Click Done to finish this activity and run Setup Wizard.
Note: You can track the progress of the Setup Wizard with respect to Storage Provider and Transcoder configuration via Workflows. To learn more about it, see: How to View Workflows.