TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Roles and permissions
- Read Next
VIDIZMO is now enabling you to communicate with third party servers, through using Webhooks. It’ll keep you well informed regarding all the events taking place in your portal. All you have to do is to just maintain a server able to accept the webhooks notification and a webhook app set up in your VIDIZMO’s portal. In this article we will discuss about the steps needs to be performed in order to set up your Webhook App.
In order to understand VIDIZMO Webhooks better click here.
Roles and permissions
This feature is a part of all VIDIZMO product packages and Manager+ roles can create Webhook apps.
From the portal’s homepage:
- Click on Navigation Menu.
- Expand Admin tab and click on Portal Settings.
From Portal Settings:
- Click on Apps.
- Select Integration Apps.
From Integration Apps screen
- Click on Add New Apps
- Select Webhook.
From your newly created webhook app on Integration Apps Screen
- Click on Settings.
Now , From Webhook-Setting form:
- Application Name: Enter any unique name of your choice for this specific Webhook Application.
- Application ID: A unique ID will be generated here for your app by default using which you can track the status of pushed notification from webhook logs.
- Endpoint: Enter the URL where all the event based data of subscribed events will be pushed.
- Active: Enable this toggle button if you want this app to be active and pick every triggered event that was subscribed and push them in the queue.
- From the dropdown , Select No authentication If your configured endpoint doesn’t require any authentication and select Basic Authentication if it does requires authentication.
- From the dropdown, Search and select your desired event or the entire category in order to subscribe them.
- Headers: Enter any additional information that you want to pass in the request headers. This isz an optional field.
- Retries: Enter the number of retries you want to be executed if any transient error takes place. By default 3 retries is configured and incase of any non transient error occurring the app will be disabled immediately.
- Retry Delay: Enter the time delay in seconds that you want in between the configured retries by default.
- Click on “Test Connection” to check your connection against your provided endpoint and authentication method. You can Save your app without testing connection.
- Click on Save Changes.
From Integration app screen
- Enable the toggle button present beside your newly created Webhook app.
Now, From Overflow Menu
- Click on Control Panel.
From Control Panel Screen
- Click on Security.
- Now Select Webhook Logs. You can check the status of pushed notifications of triggered event all other relevant parameters from these logs.