In this article
While it comes as no surprise that Cisco predicts 82% of all IP traffic will be video in near future, the paradigm is now shifting from traditional linear videos to something that has more to offer to its audience.
Interactive video is the art of introducing web content within media with which users can interact, be it in the form of a click, drawing an outline to highlight specific part of a video frame, leaving little notes for reference, choosing whether or not to continue watching, filling a quick breezy feedback form to pave way for your content designers to up their game, and everything else that gives your users a contextualized interactional experience with what they have viewed so far and what they are about to view next in a video.
While 75% of the marketers have already succumbed to how much more powerful is interactive video as a marketing tool than the former, some of them are more of the view that it will continue to rise in popularity amongst the audience and is bound to become an integral tool for initiating and executing successful marketing campaigns.
VIDIZMO allows you to make your video interactive by adding multiple aspects of engagement to your content, such as quiz, surveys, notes and attachments to complement your video, etc.
Studio Design Experience
To understand more about the concept of Studio Space to make your video interactive, following is some information about what you can achieve and how:
- You can add an interactivity element (you will read more about it in the next section) at a particular point in the video where you assume the audience will be fairly interested in learning more about what they have been watching.
- To add an element at a particular point in a video, you can choose to do so either by using a manual time-entry or a scrubber synchronized with the video's duration that helps you navigate to any frame of your choice in the video.
- You can also add elements for a specific duration within a video, leaving it up to the viewer to interact with the element at any given point within the specified duration.
- There is a fairly helpful feature to allow users to skip interaction with any of the elements, be it Quiz, Survey, or any other. This helps designers rate the criticality of the information required or interaction included in a video, and that if a video should be allowed to resume without it.
Here is an example of how Studio's Design space looks like:
Studio Playback Experience
Studio seamlessly enhances your designing experience by replicating your changes live in the studio player. This means that as soon as you insert an element to your video, you will be able to experience how would it look like, its relevance to the content before it, its placement and the overall feel of the component with the video.
However, you will notice certain behaviours that are key to understanding the studio playback experience:
- During playback of an interactive video, an end-user will be prompted about any interactivity element 5 seconds before it appears in a video. This is to improve user experience and prompt users before a Quiz or a Survey pops up on the screen all of a sudden.
- If an interactivity has been added in a video for a specific duration, this entails that if a user chooses not to take the Quiz or Survey within that period, the elements shall appear automatically after the time period has elapsed.
- Video Interactivity has been designed and built upon the idea of timed components within video, which means that every element you add is added in a sequence of components to be launched at certain timestamps during a video. So, in case you add two (or more) interactivities in a video at the same time, VIDIZMO shall queue them on a first-come-first-serve basis (whichever has been added first) and launch them in a video sequentially.
This means that if a Quiz and a handout both are added in a video at the same time, you will be asked to take the Quiz, and as soon as you finish, handouts will appear on the top-right of the video for you to view/download.
- If an in-video quiz/survey has been deleted from the portal or its origin (e.g. HubSpot forms), and it was set to be mandatory for the user to take in order to continue watching the video, the user will not be able to proceed. Otherwise, if the in-video quiz settings allowed users to skip, video will resume automatically in case of error. In this case, the user needs to contact the Presentation author/creator about the issue in hand.
Here's an example of how Studio playback experience looks like. Here, we have added two Quizzes in the video with different settings. Since the first Quiz has been made available for a specific duration, it is upto the user to Take Quiz anytime they want during that period while the video keeps playing. However in case of no voluntary attempt, at the end of the specified duration, the Quiz will pop up automatically.
Understanding Interactivity Elements
There are various types of interactivity elements that you can choose to add in your video, the behaviours of each vary with respect to their use-cases.
Below are some details of how you can use different elements to create a tailored interactive user experience for your targeted audience.
VIDIZMO allows you to create multiple-page Quiz for your audience to evaluate how well do they grasp the gist of the media they have interacted with/watched, and better engage them with your content. VIDIZMO Quiz creation and playback is designed and structured to cater to various business use-cases and organizational requirements.
In order to insert Quiz in a video, you will first have to create Quiz in the portal. While adding interactive elements to your video, you will see a list of quizzes in your portal, from which you can choose the one you wish to add.
Read more about how you can use quizzes within video to achieve certain organizational objectives and conduct comprehensive training sessions in the next section.
With VIDIZMO's seamless integration with HubSpot forms, you can now include them in your videos with a few easy steps of configuration. All you need is your HubSpot account's Portal ID, and Form ID to proceed.
To learn more about the process, see: How to Insert HubSpot Form.
Read more about how adding HubSpot forms in your videos can help you strategize better marketing campaigns in the next section.
Handouts are files of any size and type (yes, you heard that right) that you can attach to any certain point within your videos, right through built-in VIDIZMO Studio without any integration with third-party tools. In addition to video content, you can now enrich your audience with the aided documents, downloadable software files, or presentation slides that can substantially help them in either setting up your product for further use, or in better grasping the concepts being delivered in a tutorial guide.
To learn more about what they offer, see: Understanding Handouts.
Read more about how using handouts can help you engage more audience and ease their learning process in the next section.
Very similar to VIDIZMO Quizzes, Surveys enable you to generate information and insights from your audience that help you gauge whether or not your content is delivering value. Apart from this, you can control the way these surveys are designed, either by limiting the time, setting mandatory questions.
Adding these surveys within a video is a breath of fresh air, since it builds context for the audience to fill in the information required right after a related segment. There are various options for you to streamline user's responses by popping up one question at a time for a desirable experience, allowing users to skip through your surveys if they do not feel like filling it, etc.
Learn more about how to insert a survey within a video here: How to insert Survey within a video.
Here comes the most interesting part. What you read above is how to use Studio Space to insert interactive media into your videos, what outcome and behaviours can you expect while you do so, and what are the varieties of media that you can use to enrich your content in the Studio. Now, you will read more about what is it that you can achieve using these interactive media tools in your video, how can you group them together to design a tailored viewing experience for your audience and achieve a rising user engagement trend.
Quiz within a video contextualize the questions for a candidate. There are many industries where you can insert a quiz within video to achieve enhanced user understanding and see a noticeable progress in result sets.
- Employee Onboarding Programs: These programs tend to be rigorous and result-oriented. In order to ensure employees are learning about the product's core technologies at a pace crucial for steady organizational growth, it is important to design programs that are intuitive, well-structured and most importantly, correlated. When a session is well thought-out, it is likely to turn out more successful than the one which loses coherence at some point. This is where you can use the VIDIZMO Quiz's capability to engage learners with challenges and questions that force them to rummage through their minds for the right answer, in turn helping them strengthen their business and technical constructs.
- In-House Corporate Trainings: Large entrepreneurial enterprises such as Google, who thrive on the edge of innovative technologies tend to conduct timely training sessions to keep their teams synchronized with the development under each product wing. With VIDIZMO's feature of providing detailed assessment of the quiz responses, number of attempts taken and progress reports, it is easier to track which department or employee is wholesomely invested into understanding and achieving organization's core objectives.
In-video HubSpot forms
HubSpot forms have not only helped businesses increase their reach but also allowed them to track participants in their marketing campaigns, collect valuable information and expedite the process of lead conversions. In today's competitive corporate world, you want to track and drill down every click and sway on your website.
- Detailed Analytics: When a company invests into content development strategies, and video production costs, they naturally require some in-dept information to calculate gains, analyze ROIs and determine potential outreach of the produced content. Stating so, the likelihood of these statistics to be meaningful for deriving business insights and help decide on future budget plans heavily relies on the data that it captures. To capture identified information that helps businesses strategize following campaigns is far more important to companies than getting a dump of data that displays anonymous views and interactions. This is where HubSpot forms can be used to gather basic profiles or more customized information refining your data charts and analytics by providing you with actionable insights.
- Lead Generation: While most organizations struggle to realize the potential gains out of their promotional content, HubSpot forms help them collect valuable information from potential leads and use research-based tactics to qualify them into prospecting customers. VIDIZMO allows you to plan and design your content in a manner that allows you to track who viewed your video, which parts of it were most viewed, who interacted with your content using forms and quizzes, and much more. Complementing it, HubSpot forms populate gathered information into its built-in CRM for further filtering and prospecting processes.
Who thought you could now make a comprehensive training session using VIDIZMO application, with no external aided accessories or technologies to worry about? Handout is one such complimentary feature to help you design a brilliant learning experience for your corporate trainees, or product users.
- Product Guide for End-Users: While videos can be a fairly handsome tool to allow end-users to engage as well learn basics about a product's configurations and setup, it sometimes falls short of providing text-extensive specifics such as what credentials to use for role-based access control, or which URLs to allow in IP whitelist to secure your system from intruders and data breach. Vice versa, user manuals are not as sufficient in helping user understand how to navigate the system and cover various use-case scenarios as is a video tour guide. Hence, it becomes substantial to blend in the two mediums to produce a guide that not only walks the user through the system but keeps notifying them to download various handouts that contains all technical details, links, and information required to get the system up and running.
- Online Learning Management Systems: With increasing number of people opting for online courses for personal as well as professional growth, online learning platforms are emerging with better features to cater to various learning use-cases and to create a smoother classroom experience. VIDIZMO, one such platform, can be used create courses, consisting of interactive videos that help users watch lectures, download handouts for various chapters and keep track of their progress by attempting quizzes within video to see where they stand. Combined with detailed Quiz Assessment reports, VIDIZMO helps employ progressive teaching tools to create a smoother e-classroom experience for students and teachers alike.
It is incredible how data is allowing us to design sleeker systems and shape better experiences, all from within the same application that our customers use. Following the same paradigm, VIDIZMO allows you to insert in-video Surveys that you can now use to generate insightful knowledge about youse users and customers:
- Employee Feedback on a New Appraisal System: Employees are your only constant for growth, so while it is important to stay wary on your customers' evolving demands and needs, it is equally important to realize your employees' potential continue to rise with company's prospectus to cater to those demands. While using VIDIZMO portal for internal communications, surveys to gauge employees' feedback on new ERP systems being employed in the organization paves the way for a more transparent and trust-worthy working environment. Such insights prove crucial for management to make the right business decisions.
- Customer Views on a Feature Pre-Launch: Similarly, when you plan and decide to launch a new feature in your product, it is always wise to send out some pre-release notes or conduct a semi-public pre-release launch event inviting various stakeholders or investors. Such preliminary processes help us reduce the risks of failure. Using surveys pushed between these live events help us respond to stakeholders/customers' concerns from beforehand, eventually increasing the chances of a successful product release.